With our high streets reopening and physical retail returning, there is one thing that won’t change – online shopping is here to stay!
Our partners at Shopify have published their research on the evolving shopping behaviours in post-pandemic UK. The report is publicly available and we have made a copy available through the link below.
Some highlights from the report:
- 88% of UK consumers did at least half of their shopping in person prior to the pandemic. That number dropped to 50% during lockdown, but is poised to return to around 75% post-pandemic.
- Demand for hybrid fulfillment options like local pickup (or event pickup!) is increasing.
- Consumers are doing their research online before visiting a physical store with 47% planning to check inventory availability in advance.
- It is estimated that the share of consumers buying online (non-grocery) will double post-pandemic vs pre-pandemic.
- Many highlighted a significant reduction in the use of cash and travelling to a shopping centre to browse for items.